creating optimal conditions for healthy aging
Dr. Friedman is extensively involved with training in Anti-Aging Medicine and is Board Certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Anti-Aging involves creating the optimal conditions for Healthy Aging.
- Evaluating and testing current health and nutritional status.
- Evaluating current sex hormone status in female and males when indicated. Additional hormones that greatly impact health are cortisol, leptin, dhea, insulin, thyroid, and VitaD levels.
- Evaluating current antioxidant status; keeping antioxidant levels high with whole food antioxidants. Keeping oxidative stress in balance is essential. When oxidative stress is elevated it plays havoc with our health. It contributes to increased inflamation, which is a component of all degenerative diseases such as environmental toxicity, chronic inflamatory disorders in many areas of the body such as the GI system, liver, brain, joints, vascular endothelium, cardiovascular system, type II diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity and autoimmune diseases. Many heart and cardiac related diseases are not cholesterol related phenomena but related to oxidative stress, inflamation and altered biogenegetics. Oxidative stress in the brain can contribute to neuronal damage, which is something that we all want to prevent. Please contact us for recommendations.
- Looking at Brain Nutrition by evaluating neurotransmitters, catecholamines, and needed nutrients that support the brain in the areas of memory, cognition and mood.
- Looking at our individual psychological and emotional view of aging; and exploring what beliefs are in place that limit our possibilities for improved quality of life.